The BC Craft Brewers Guild represents craft brewers from all over BC. Some are small and others smaller but they all brew flavourful local beer with passion and dedication. The mission of the Guild is to support the ongoing creation and discovery of truly great BC Craft Beer.
More and more beer lovers are discovering the great taste and quality of BC Craft Beer. In fact, sales of BC Craft Beer have doubled just in the past four years and continue to grow. All over the province, new craft breweries are opening, hiring, brewing and supporting local communities at the same time.
Not surprisingly, British Columbia is the birthplace of Craft Beer in Canada. In 1982, John Mitchell started Canada’s first craft brewery, Horseshoe Bay Brewing. From those first early pints, BC’s Craft Beer community has grown to close to 190 breweries throughout the province. We are now recognized globally for Craft Beer excellence, and all of our members are proud to welcome visitors and locals alike to tour our breweries and sample our unique and premium ales and lagers.
Our 2019/20 Board:
- Don Farion, Bomber Brewing – Chairman
- Adam Crandall, Moody Ales – Treasurer, Director
- Paul Hadfield, Spinnakers Brewpub – Director
- Matt Lockhart, Phillips Brewing – Director
- Mike Coghill, Yellow Dog Brewing – Vice Chair, Director
- Chloe Smith, Townsite Brewing – Director
- Michael Kuzyk, Category 12 Brewing – Director
- Ken Beattie – Executive Director
- Communications – Michael Kuzyk and Monica Frost
- Government Relations – Matt Lockhart, Ken Beattie and Paul Hadfield
- Membership Benefits – Don Farion
- Retail Market – Mike Coghill and Don Farion
- Education and Member Support – Chloe Smith
- Tourism – Paul Hadfield
Membership in the Society shall be restricted to Breweries that:
- Hold a Manufacturer Licence (or if you’re a brewery in progress, have applied for one).
- Produce less than 200,000 HL annually, worldwide, including affiliated and associated companies;
- Are at least 51% BC owned; and
- Have an annual production of contract-brewed beer, whether manufactured on-site for third parties, associates or affiliates or brewed off-site by one of these parties for the Brewery, that does not constitute more than 50% of the Brewery’s annual production.
With 140 present members and growing, our Guild works together to:
- promote our full-flavoured, premium craft beers to beer lovers
- help British Columbians understand the cultural, community and economic benefits of BC’s vibrant Craft Beer scene
- unite the voices of all the craft breweries in BC; so BC’s Craft Beer community continues to develop and grow
- work with local and provincial government to sustain and improve support for BC Craft Breweries that create local jobs, and boost local economies and local communities throughout BC
- activate local festivals and community events to showcase our products and support worthwhile local causes
- provide tourist destinations for visitors to tour our breweries and visit our communities
- support the use of BC ingredients and sustainable brewing and business practices, wherever and whenever possible
We love sharing our BC Craft Beers and the stories behind them with all beer lovers. We thank you for your support
Check out this page to find all of the Guild members across British Columbia. For more inquiries about BC Craft Beer and the BC Craft Brewers Guild, please email firstname.lastname@example.org