Fernie Brewing Company is a fast-growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the popular mountain town of Fernie, B.C. We are passionate about brewing exceptional beers and the people who make it all happen.
At FBC we’re dedicated to consistency and quality in all aspects of our business, and we are looking for results-oriented individuals who are stoked about the outdoors and our brand. We believe in quality, community, collaboration, and mountain culture in a fun, inclusive work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
As our Accounting Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing our Finance department, including our payroll, data entry, and reporting functions. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual to continue to develop their skills and lead a team.
This is a fast-paced and varied position that requires a skilled communicator who thrives in a team setting. In addition, the successful candidate will preferably have relevant post-secondary education and at least three years of experience in a similar role.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Training, supervision, and performance management of Accounting Coordinators • Day-to-day maintenance of FBC’s financial records
- Overseeing payroll including processing payroll, managing time-off requests, and timeclock & payroll records
- Government remittances and reporting including GST, PST, and corporation Tax • Producing monthly and annual financial reports under the guidance of the Business Manager
- Liaising with external accountants for yearend reporting requirements • Supporting our Management team with financial and payroll functions as required
- Post-Secondary Certificate, Diploma, or Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent leadership skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and highly organized
- Experience in cloud-based accounting software preferred
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Passion for the craft beer industry!
This position is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, during business hours. We offer a competitive compensation package, including dental, medical, and lifestyle benefits, and a relocation allowance.
At FBC our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment & selection processes and we welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter HERE.
We invite you to save your profile and join FBC’s Talent Community to receive notifications when new positions are posted.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team, please note only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing date: September 15, 2023