Want to work in a cool brewery, live in one of BC’s top places to live, work with a team that likes to have fun, work hard and live life to the fullest? If the answers are yes… come join our team. We get that life comes first, but how cool is it to make your living making beer?
Here’s the Position in a Nutshell:
An Assistant Brewer works aside our Head Brewer in all aspects of the process and operation from start to finish. You’ll become our #2 guy or gal. You will not only brew, but you’ll clean, package, ship, receive, and have input into the different brews we will make. You should have an understanding of the brewing process, enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems, fix things when needed, and like working in a clean environment.
Some of the things you’ll be doing are:
- Tank and Hose cleaning and sanitizing
- Milling Malt, mashing, lautering, boiling, and pitching yeast
- Beer transfers to Fermenting and Brite Tanks
- Monitoring beer as it ferments
- Quality control assessments
- Keg Filling
- Operating our Twin Monkeys Gunnison Canning Line
- Cleaning Daily
- Equipment maintenance
- Shipping & Receiving
- Other Operational Duties as Needed
How Qualified Are You? We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Passionate about craft beer and the process of brewing
- The love for a clean, organized workplace
- Knowledge of the brewing process, the extensive amount of cleaning involved, and the science
- Exceptional mechanical troubleshooting skills and the ability to solve problems
- Post Secondary education in Brewing or a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or a related field is considered an asset
- 19+ years of age
- The ability to maneuver 50 L Kegs, move handcarts of stacked canned beer, and use a pallet jack with ease
- A love of craft beer!
This key role at Highway 97 Brewing is a permanent full-time position working 40 hours each week. Some weekends, early mornings, or evenings may be needed as our production depends on the brew schedule. Compensation will be excellent.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to John@hwy97brewery.com
Thank you for your interest in joining our team, please note only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing date: When we find the right person!
|Job Category||Assistant Brewer/production|