About Tin Whistle
Founded in 1995, The Tin Whistle Brewing Company was the first craft brewery in the South Okanagan. From the beginning, Tin Whistle has been dedicated to producing great beer that represents the Okanagan region. Now under new ownership, the brand, product mix, packaging, online platforms, and taproom have undergone revitalization. On Earth Day 2021, Tin Whistle announced that it is now a carbon-neutral brewery. We are growing and are seeking a Brewer’s Assistant to join us, supporting our Penticton brewing operations.
About the job
This job supports our Head Brewer, and will involve the:
- Assisting in the completion of brews and brewery tasks independently following company practices and standard operating procedures
- Supporting set up/clean & troubleshooting of the bottling line
- Performing packaging of beer into cans, bottles, and kegs
- Beer transferring, tank cleaning, purging, etc.
- Completing all documents related to inventory creation/destruction/movement
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the brewery area
- Supporting shipping and receiving
No brewery experience is necessary, but experience with brewing or in a brewing facility is a definite asset. We are hiring for attitude. Are you can-do? Do you know how to work hard? Are you able to be flexible shifting from one priority to the next with ease? Can you put your head down and power through a bunch of brewery grunt work? Are you keen to learn, listen and be a part of a dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment and trying to produce great beer with less impact? Do you show up when you say you are going to show up? Are you seriously detail-oriented (safety is key and details are important in keeping you and others safe)? If yes, then this job is for you.
The nitty gritty
- Must be 19 years or older
- Able to lift 70 kgs multiple times per day. Kegs are heavy, and we need to be able to move them around the brewery. When canning, lifting 20kgs 150+ times per day is needed.
- Able to work afternoons and weekends. Flexibility is key in this role.
- A valid driver’s license is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 10-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Please apply by emailing a resume and a brief description of why you should join us at Tin Whistle Brewing to alexis@tinwhistlebrewery.
|Job Category||Assistant Brewer/production|