Are you passionate about craft beer and want to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment? White Sails Brewing is hiring an Assistant Brewer to join our team!
Our Assistant Brewer will be responsible for assisting our Brewmaster and Brew Crew with brewing, packaging, cellaring, and cleaning duties in a cross-disciplinary, small team setting. This is a perfect role for individuals who would like to grow their experience in Brewing and experience a multi-faceted brewing environment participating in a large cross-section of Brewery-related operations.
The Assistant Brewer is responsible for operating the brewhouse while maintaining the quality of our award-winning beers, safe and efficient operation of canning lines and bottling equipment as well as cellaring, cleaning, organizing, and maintenance of the Brewery and its equipment and other tasks and duties as necessary.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Brewing and general operation of the brewhouse, focusing on tank management, movement, and all related production duties.
- Perform general setup and breakdown of packaging equipment, tanks, and cleaning ports.
- Maintain brewery cleanliness, cleaning and sanitizing packaging area, brewery, and equipment.
- Operate packaging equipment, safely and efficiently canning, bottling, and kegging beer for Sales Team and Taproom.
- Performing quality control checks ensuring that product passes quality specs.
- Maintain Brewery equipment, troubleshoot, and communicate issues.
- Communicate with the Brewmaster and Packaging Lead to ensure the smooth operation of the packaging line.
- Perform line cleaning, keg movement, grain milling, and other related Brewery tasks.
- Track and report packaging activities and maintain a current and accurate traceability log.
- Assist with other deliveries, warehousing, and other Brewery tasks when necessary.
- Previous brewing experience, preference for experience in a small brewing team.
- Experience with canning lines, CASK experience preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain targets.
- Serving it Right required, WHMIS training preferred.
- Class 5 license with clean drivers abstract.
- Technically inclined, ability to use and utilize a number of tools and materials.
- Autonomous and accountable.
- Critical thinking, organizational diligence, and a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to lift raw materials of 55lbs+ and physically manage production line labour.
- Collaborative, positive energy, excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Familiarity with basic reporting tools (spreadsheets, cloud-based management software, inventory tracking software, etc.)
- Able to work shifts up to 10hrs when necessary.
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter with the subject line “Assistant Brewer – White Sails Brewing” to email@example.com. White Sails Brewing is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applicants from the BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities.
Wage will be based on experience, only successful applicants will be contacted.
|Job Category||Brewer /Head Brewer|