Assistant Brewer Full-Time Position
Wild North Brewing Company is located in beautiful Creston BC in the heart of the Kootenay region on the unceded territories of the Ktunaxa Nation.
Wild North Brewing Company is a new brewery that offers an authentic, modern taproom that is inspired by a love of people and a passion for beer. Our mission is to provide a welcoming space that draws people together to enjoy the local craft beer culture.
We opened our doors in May 2021 and as a start-up company, we are growing and changing quite rapidly. The right candidate for our brewery will be flexible and adaptive to a continuously evolving environment. They will be keen to learn and maintain a high-performance standard. The best candidate will be a motivated individual that is able to work independently in the brewery after training and will take the initiative to complete work that needs doing.
At Wild North Brewing we believe craft beer is for everybody and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment that is enjoyable and exciting for every guest as well as our employees.
We are looking for a driven and independent Assistant Brewer to add to our new and growing brewery. The Assistant Brewer reports to the Head Brewer and Operations Manager. The job description includes the following:
- Assisting the Head Brewer with brewing beers
- Completing CIP processes for Tanks, Kegs, etc.
- Cellaring tasks including dry hops, yeast crops, yeast dumps, etc.
- Draft line cleaning
- Fermentation monitoring
- Keg washing and filling
- Assisting with canning operations
- Pilot brewing
- Maintaining an organized brewery
- Front of house support
Assets for the role (not requirements)
- Brewing education
- Brewery experience
- Homebrewing experience
- Forklift license
Requirements for the role
- A love of craft beer
- Ability to lift 25kg malt bags and move around 20L and 50L kegs
- A willingness to learn and be a team player
Details of the role
- Full-time position 35-40 hours/week
- Sunday to Thursday/ Tuesday to Saturday/Monday to Friday as required
- Salary: To be determined
- Beer and Merchandise benefits included
- Ability to relocate to Creston BC
Please apply with a cover letter and resume ( Attn Brewerr position) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Brewer /Head Brewer|