Main Street Brewing is looking to hire a full-time Brew master / Head Brewer
We are a medium sized production brewery with a 15 BBL brewing production system located in Vancouver, BC.
You should be passionate about craft beer, inspiring and mentoring others and delivering the best quality products. You must possess strong skills in all technical aspects of brewing and maintain high standards of facility management, including brewery sanitation, safety, quality control and reporting.
Reporting directly to the Operations Managers, the Brew master / Head Brewer is responsible for all of the brewing production activities.
- Consistently ensure quality and efficiency across all brewery processes and production lines.
- Develop seasonal and specialty beer recipes and ensure they appeal to our specified market.
- Recipe research and development, formulation and production.
- Manage all aspects of inventory control and ordering.
- Advise on selecting, expanding, upgrading and troubleshooting brewery equipment.
- Manage resources and staff in order to meet objectives, assist in recruitment, training and support of all brewery staff.
- Maintain excellent communication with suppliers and vendors and develop positive working relationship.
- Prepare production, monthly inventory and quality assurance reports
- Ensure brewery is compliant with safety and environmental regulations.
- Actively participate in developing company strategy and operating plan.
Successful candidates must possess:
- A proven track record of awards and/or recognition in the beer brewing industry
- Good knowledge of yeast varieties, propagation and yeast care handling system.
- Ability to create exciting new beers, together with proven experimental brewing skills.
- Knowledge of keg and cask conditioned beer systems.
- Experience in selecting and buying hops, malt, yeast and other materials.
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety Standards regulations.
- Competent with basic computer functions, including Microsoft Office, PC and Apple products.
- brewer: 2 years (Required)