Barkerville Brewing Co. is hiring a Brewer.
Located in Quesnel BC, the commercial centre of the Cariboo Goldfields, we were one of the first craft breweries to stake our claim to great beer in the heart of BC!
We love our community and strive to be a great citizen of Quesnel.
If you love all four seasons, Quesnel has something for you. We are located at the forks of the mighty Fraser River and the mountain fed, gold-bearing Quesnel River.
Quesnel is a paradise for the outdoor enthusiast! We can boast fantastic fishing, boating, skiing, sledding and some fabulous new mountain bike trails.
Our community is big enough to never have to leave, and small enough to make some real connections.
We have a wonderful farmer’s market right across the street from the brewery, and a thriving downtown… and of course we are located an hour from BC’s best known heritage destination, and the largest historic site in western North America, our namesake – Historic Barkerville!
We are an award winning 15bbl brewery. Since opening in 2014 we have built our reputation on quality and consistency, while pushing the envelope and trying new things with an ever-growing array of styles.
We continue to grow with purpose and tenacity and a commitment to continue on a path of quality and innovation.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our small team. We believe in building a more diverse team, and encourage all qualified people to apply.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter and a team player with at least one year of brewing experience or brewing education, and is keen to be supported on a path of life long learning.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic about craft beer
- Positive and take pride in a job well done
- Committed to quality and innovation and a SAFE work environment
- Driven to constantly improve and have a passion for perfection
- Capable of adjusting to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Capable of standing for long periods of time and working in a wet environment
- Physically fit, able to maneuver 160 lb kegs and lift 55 lb grain bags repeatedly, and are comfortable with ladders
- Have forklift and pallet jack experience
- Punctual and hardworking
- Possess a positive attitude and enjoy learning new skills
- Able to work varied shifts if required
- Excited at the prospect of building a career in beer!
As a Brewer you will report to the Head Brewer.
You will have a hand in all aspects of beer production from milling to packaging, and maintain a clean, safe and enjoyable work environment. Your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of brewhouse and cellar
- General maintenance of tanks, hoses and other equipment
- CIP of vessels and brewing equipment
- Cleaning & filling kegs
- Operation and maintenance and troubleshooting of packaging lines
- Managing inventory in our multiple coolers and preparing product for shipment away from the premises
- Shipping and receiving
- Operating a forklift and pallet jack
- Taking inventory of product and dry goods
- Managing and monitoring fermentation and keeping records of activities
- Keeping excellent records of completed tasks and activities of interest
- Sensory analysis and quality control
- Wort production
This is a permanent, full time position eligible for employee benefits. Salary will be based on experience.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
More about us!