About Fernie Brewing Company:
Fernie Brewing Company is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the popular mountain town of Fernie, B.C. We are passionate about brewing exceptional beers and the people who make it all happen. We believe in working hard and playing harder and are looking for results-oriented team members that are stoked about the outdoors and our brand. To us, it’s not just a job, it’s a way of life!
What you’ll be doing:
As a Brewer, you will join our highly skilled & passionate brew team. You will participate in the brewing process from start to finish as well as perform many other tasks in our Brewing department. Ideally, you will have an understanding of the brewing process, excellent mechanical troubleshooting skills, and are highly motivated & organized. We believe in quality, community, collaboration, and mountain culture in a fun, inclusive work environment.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Brewing including milling, mashing, lautering, and boiling
- Operating the centrifuge
- Performing beer transfers
- Checking beers during fermentation & basic quality control assessments
- Pitching yeast
- Tank cleaning & sanitizing
- Cleaning and day-to-day maintenance of equipment
- Assisting on the keg filling line as required
- We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a craft brewery
- Good knowledge of the brewing process
- Exceptional mechanical troubleshooting skills
- A Certificate or other advanced education in the brewing process, or a Bachelor’s Degree
in Science or related field considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- 19+ years of age
- The ability to maneuver 50kgs
- A love of delicious craft beer!
Please note: An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
This position is a permanent full-time position working 40 hours per week and requires a flexible work schedule. Depending on the brew schedule, shifts will vary as needed including early morning shifts, night shifts, and evenings and weekends. We offer a competitive compensation package, including dental, medical and lifestyle benefits.
At FBC our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment & selection processes and we welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Please apply HERE with a resume and cover letter. We invite you to save your profile and join FBC’s Talent Community to receive notifications when new positions are posted.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team, please note only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing date: Friday, September 2, 2022.
|Job Category||Brewer /Head Brewer|