Steamworks is looking for the right individual to join our Brewing/Cellaring department. The successful applicant will have some brewing knowledge, a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and a drive for maintaining quality and efficiency.
This is a full-time position where morning and/or evening shifts, as well as weekend availability, may be required. Compensation will be competitive with local industry standards, and there is ample opportunity for learning and growth within the company.
If you are interested in working alongside great people, brewing world-class beer, and being part of a growing craft brewery, we look forward to hearing from you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform brewing and cellaring processes according to recipes and quality specifications
- Carry out cellar operations including centrifuging, tank transfers, dry hopping, and sanitation procedures
- Complete brewing and cellaring tasks using a hands-on approach, in addition to using software-based controls
- Meet established production plans and timelines as per the brewing/cellar schedule
- Observe process conditions and make adjustments to variables such as mash times, ingredients inputs, flow rates, and temperature settings
- Work diligently to avoid product or raw material loss/waste and reduce effluent
- Check products to ensure conformance to company standards
- Assist in the Laboratory when required
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Adhere to all safe work practices and guidelines
- Develop and Implement SOPs
- Assist with packaging when and as needed
Education and Experience
- Brewing experience (an asset)
- Brewing Diploma (an asset)
- Post-Secondary Degree (an asset)
Other Required Skills
- Passion for beer, brewing, and continuous learning
- Driven, self-motivated & task-orientated with strong attention-to-detail
- Ability to make judgment calls independently when needed
- Strong logistics, record keeping, and time management skills
- Outstanding team player with excellent work ethic
- Ability to multitask and strong time management skills
- $18-$22 (based on education & experience)
- Extended Health benefits
- Brewery Benefits
Please respond with a quick note about yourself and your resume to: email@example.com
Steamworks Group of Companies values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations during the recruitment process.
We will review applications, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you.
|Job Category||Brewery Production Assistant, Cellar Person|