This is a uniquely awesome opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the craft beverage industry. You’ll have the chance to meet and work alongside some of your favourite beverage companies and within a family-oriented company. Mile 37 offers plenty of space to grow your career within the craft beverage sector.
As a Canning Line Technician, you will report to the Canning Operations Manager. You will work closely with the Canning Line Operator; as a team, you will ensure that the canning run is performed meticulously and efficiently to meet both our standards as well as the customers’.
Responsibilities and Duties
On the Line:
- Assist the Operator in setting up, running, and packing up the canning line. As well you will be responsible for the operation of all secondary devices as required (e.g. depalletizer, date coder, labeller, etc).
- Complete all Quality Control (QC) measures before and during the canning run. This includes carbonation, temperature, and dissolved oxygen testing of all liquid prior to canning. Can seam tests will also be performed throughout the canning run. The above ensures the specifications of the product packaged are in accordance with the high standards set within Mile 37.
- Maintain site cleanliness and leave the site in better condition than when you arrived.
- Record production data for performance tracking and invoicing purposes.
- Ensure all materials required for the canning run(s) have been checked and signed off as correct before leaving the distribution center prior to each day’s run.
- Drive company vehicles to and from the site in a safe and responsible manner as required.
- Carry out routine maintenance and the daily cleaning of equipment on-site and/or upon returning to the distribution center. Ensuring the canning line is operating at the best level of performance possible. Any major maintenance will be performed by our Field Engineer or conducted as a team during the monthly maintenance day.
Joining the Mile 37 team means:
- You are interested in becoming part of and contributing to a growing organization.
- You enjoy problem-solving & working collaboratively with a team as well as on your own.
- You love the technical & mechanical aspect of your work and are satisfied with an efficiently maintained machine.
- You prefer a professional atmosphere where you are held responsible for your actions.
- You want to be part of helping the industry improve its environmental impact.
- Working closely with the Production and Distribution Centre teams to ensure all aspects of the business are working efficiently and cohesively.
- Being part of a team
- Communication – Able to discuss canning methodologies, problems, and solutions to the Canning Operations Manager, as well as within the team.
- Attention to Detail – Able to notice when something is not right and troubleshoot on the fly or bring it to the attention of the Canning Operations Manager
- Professionalism – Act as an ambassador for the company with all canning and industry partners, regardless of the situation.
- Collaboration – Able to work as a team member to identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Punctual – Canning days start at 7:00 am onsite (Unless there is a predetermined time between the Canning Operations Manager and the customer). If driving to the site, this may require beginning at the distribution center at 5:30 am to load the truck prior to heading to the canning destination.
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Able to bend and kneel on concrete floors as well as lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Pushing/ pulling hoses, and canning equipment throughout the day.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Willing to leave when the job is done, not when the shift is scheduled to end.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Brewery experience is ideal but not essential. Understanding how liquid temperature, carbonation, and other important factors affect canning procedures as well as knowing the layout of a brewery helps.
- Able to travel throughout the province.
- Paid Overtime
- Company Events (When they start back up)
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Industry Perks
- On the Job Training
- Company Swag
- Shifts typically range from 8-12 hours.
- Beverage Canning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driving 5 Ton Truck: 1 year (Preferred)
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10-hour shift
- 12-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep everyone safe during these strange times, we are adhering to the public health officers’ recommendations and ensure a safe work environment for all of our staff in order to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- English (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
PLEASE APPLY: email@example.com
|Job Category||Canning Line|