We’re looking to add a cellar person to our team!
Interested in joining a small hardworking and inclusive team in the Okanagan? Interested in brewing but don’t really know how it all works, that’s cool! Coming from another brewery and looking to join the ripper Jackknife team, that’s cool too!
We’re looking for a diverse group of applicants for this position as we continue to build equity within the brewing community. If you have some time, scope our website for the continuous work we’re doing to create a safe space for everyone as well as our Code of Conduct.
Job duties will include some of these things:
- Cleaning, filling, stacking, heaving, rolling and even sipping from kegs.
- Cleaning, scrubbing, hosing, filling, emptying and sometimes sipping from tanks.
- Flipping, connecting, coiling and hanging hoses of all sizes.
- Assembling tents, draining ice from coolers, exploring other towns and even pouring samples.
- Rolling, steaming, filling, emptying and even once and a while, sampling barrels.
- Taking gravities, carbonating beer, mixing chemicals and much much more.
It’s hard, hot, sweaty work. You’ll be covered in yeast one day and sawdust another but it all washes down great with a post-work shiftie. Experience in the industry is not necessary, but being handy and ready to learn is pretty much mandatory. We are willing to train the right applicants, knowing that this is a transient industry and we might not be forever coworkers, but we can still be forever colleagues.
If you’re up to the challenge with all the rewards, send a resume with some banger references and the best damn cover letter you’ve ever written over to firstname.lastname@example.org today! Or maybe tomorrow, put some time into that shiiiiit!
This is a full time position with a base wage of $18/hr with an increase dependent on experience.
Cheers friends, we look forward to hearing from you!
727 Baillie Ave, Kelowna, BC