Full Time Brewer ~ Whistler Brewing
Located in Whistler, BC, the Whistler Brewing Co. is looking for a full-time Brewer & Operator to work Tuesday – Saturday, 32-40 hours per week, 8-hour shifts. Our ideal candidate is passionate about the industry and has the desire to learn and grow. Under the supervision of the Head Brewer, the Brewer & Operator is responsible for brewing & operating the packaging lines (kegging & canning). This position has ownership of the quality and profile of the final product.
- Responsible to produce wort from raw materials following recipe within an expected standard time frame.
- Responsible for reviewing the weekly production schedule & completing necessary tasks for the days ahead.
- Responsible to clean & sanitize the brewing equipment according to company SOPs.
- Accountable for the accurate completion of brewing & packaging reports.
- Identify & report any malfunctions of equipment that could potentially affect production of products or be a safety concern.
- Responsible for the setup, operation & shutdown of the can filling machine & kegging machine.
- Responsible not to exceed the typical expected beer losses in the process.
- Maintain a clean & orderly work area.
- Previous brewing experience is an asset.
- Previous packaging experience is an asset.
- Experience operating a forklift or the willingness to learn to operate a forklift.
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to accurately follow instructions within a timely matter.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Due to the nature of the business, must be over 19 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 60kg grain bags.
Don’t have experience but are interested to learn? Reach out to us as we have a comprehensive training program and opportunities for advancement.
- Daily & monthly beer allowance.
- 40% off Taphouse food & merchandise.
- Full extended benefits; medical, dental, and paramedical coverage.
- RRSP matching,
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year (3 weeks after 3 years of service and 4 weeks after 5 years of service).
- Length of Service Premium after one year of employment.
- Annual boot allowance after one year of employment.
About us: First established in 1989, the Whistler Brewing Company is an originator in the BC craft brewing movement. And today, while many craft breweries have come and gone, we are still proudly 100% BC owned and 100% BC brewed.
****Whistler Brewing DOES NOT have any staff accommodation and a valid Work Permit is required. Whistler Brewing is unable to offer sponsorships at this time. Please only apply if you are eligible to work in Canada and have accommodation secured in the Sea to Sky area.
Instagram Handle: @whistlerbrewing
First 90 days- $21.00
After 90 days with benefits- $21.50
After 90 days no benefits- $22.50
If you are interested in applying please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Brewer /Head Brewer|