Full-Time Employment Opportunity
Welcome to North Basin!
Osoyoos, BC is the place we call home. Our small town provides a different pace of life, with plenty of room for fun and laughter. It’s where families gather for vacations and where friendships are forged under the summer sun.
We make beer because it brings people together. It’s the humble drink enjoyed at all occasions, inspiring clinking cans and shouts of “Cheers!” Sharing a beer with friends is how great stories and adventures begin. It’s the sidekick to that hilarious time with your friends and an integral part of creating memories that will make you smile for years to come.
Our brewery is a tribute to Osoyoos and the people who make it so unique. We believe that a small town can be mighty, that one person’s act of kindness can change the day, and that laughing with friends is life’s simplest joy.
Beer is a bit of everything; simple and complex, mild and strong, familiar and unusual. Beer is for everyone, and so is North Basin Brewing Co.
Why do we do it?
We bring people together and celebrate our community with quality craft beer.
North Basin Brewing Co. is the trusty sidekick to long weekends, camping trips with friends, vacations, birthdays, celebrations, and Tuesdays (or any other day of the week, for that matter). From our brewery to backyard barbeques, our beer is an invitation to craft memories.
We can’t promise that our top-notch beer will improve your golf swing or make your jokes funnier, but we can promise exceptional beer and a warm Osoyoos welcome for everyone who visits North Basin Brewing Co.
We are seeking a Full-Time Permanent Head Barkeep to join our team. We are opening in Fall 2020, and we need a quality Head Barkeep to see us through our start-up phase, grand opening, and beyond! This is a unique chance to get in on the ground floor of a craft brewery with excellent growth potential. Indeed, we are looking for someone who has the drive and passion to grow with North Basin for years to come!
North Basin Brewing Co’s Head Barkeep will work alongside North Basin’s Founders and Head Brewer to ensure that everyone who visits North Basin Brewing Co. has a great experience. The Head Barkeep will oversee taproom operations, serve patrons, and perform various other duties that coincide with a quality-oriented microbrewery and taproom. Ideally, our Head Barkeep will be motivated to pursue a long-term career with North Basin, advancing into a managerial position over time.
During the start-up phase our Head Barkeep will:
- Assist in developing operating systems, standards, and best practices in our taproom.
- Assist in the development of a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Work closely with the Owners and Head Brewer to ensure all systems are running smoothly.
Day-to-day responsibilities of our Head Barkeep will include:
- Greeting and providing exceptional service to all taproom guests
- Working alongside Owners and Head Brewer to ensure the brewery and taproom run as a cohesive team
- Serving craft beer, wine, cider, and artesian snacks from the bar
- Handling cash and operating the Square POS system
- Adherence to health and safety regulations
- Maintaining clean and tidy bar, lounge and patio areas
- Managing taproom and patio seating
- Participating in brewery promotions, events, marketing and social media
- Participating in budgeting and inventory control
- Assisting Owners with hiring, training, scheduling and supervising taproom staff
- General duties and special projects as required
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Professional and positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An enthusiastic, confident, and engaging personality with a desire to innovate
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Personable, warm and friendly with strong leadership attributes
- Outgoing self-starter with great energy and a passion for beer
- Team player who is willing to train to have superior knowledge of our craft beers
What You Know
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a bartender position
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Experience with Square or other similar POS systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow a detailed instructions and complete day-to-day task lists
- Experience supervising others an asset
All candidates must have the following:
- Serving It Right Certification
- Valid BC driver’s licence
- Ability to live and work in Canada
- Available to work morning, evening and weekend shifts as required
- Ability to work flexible and occasionally long hours
The successful candidate will have the physical abilities to:
- Lift 50lbs repetitively
- Stand for long periods of time in a taproom environment
- $20 per hour + tips
- Full-time, permanent employment
- We will be following government health and safety guidelines to keep our employees, patrons, and community safe.
How to Apply
North Basin Brewing Co. is all about warmth, friendship, and good times. If you feel like you’d be a great fit for our team, apply today!
To apply for the Head Barkeep position, please follow the steps below:
- Prepare a one-page cover letter highlighting who you are as a person and why you think you’d be a great Head Barkeep for North Basin Brewing Co.
- Email your cover and resume letter to the attention of Founders Wes & Catherine Greve at email@example.com with “North Basin Head Barkeep” as the subject line.
If your cover letter and resume wow us, we’ll be in touch!