Head Brewer ~ Abandoned Rail Brewing Co
A Brewery on the Naramata Bench
Abandoned Rail Brewing Co. is a family-run farm craft brewery, established in 2022. Situated on the scenic Naramata Bench in Penticton B.C. Canada with 5 acres of barley. Penticton has the highest density of breweries in BC with 8 craft breweries to choose from. Abandoned Rail stands out with high quality unfiltered and unpasteurized balanced beer. We have 12 taps in our boutique lounge, patio, and picnic area. Equipped with a 10hl semi-automated brewing system from CRU brewing systems and Twin Monkeys, Gunnisson canner. The semi-automation in brewhouse controls alleviates much of the repetitive labour to allow for greater control and focus on the quality of production. Our brewmaster is a german certified Brewmaster. Our flagship beer styles: Pilsner, Dry Hopped Lager, Marzen, and Euro (English) IPA. We have released 14 varieties in just one year of production. Brewing new varieties and pushing the limits while maintaining integrity is one of our main goals at Abandoned Rail.
- Brewery experience is required. Brewing, Cellaring, Packaging, etc…
- Management and leadership experience an asset
- Formal brewing education and canning experience an asset.
- Self-starter, ability to take initiative, lead projects, manage time efficiently, and work independently.
- Exceptional focus, organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail with beer quality, sanitation, and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be a team player.
Job Responsibilities – Brewery Operations
*Note – This is a hands-on Head Brewer position including brewery, cellar work, packaging & maintenance.
- Management production employees. Communicating with management, sales, and front of house to create a fun and supportive workplace.
- Brewing – grain handling, mashing, lautering, boiling, WP, wort-cooling, yeast handling, dry-hopping,
- Cellar work – CIP’ing tanks, and equipment. Transferring and carbonation monitoring(natural carbonation).
- Kegging – keg cleaning, sanitizing, filling & keg machine maintenance ( 2-head semi-automatic).
- Draft system – cleaning & maintaining draft lines and dispense equipment.
- QA –
- Safety – Must work in a safe manner, wear proper PPE as appropriate, maintain a clean, tidy, and organized workplace at all times, and adhere to safety procedures.
- Manage canning operations, can and label inventory
- Production planning, forecasting, and scheduling
- Manage the maintenance of equipment
- Managing inventories, raw materials ordering, CIP chemicals, and other brewery supplies as necessary.
- Work with Brewmaster/owners: new beer recipes and barrel-aged and/or other specialty beer projects.
- Assist with events and promotions as necessary (occasionally).
- Work with brewmaster/owners to manage and adhere to the brewery budget.
- Conduct lounge staff training periodically. (beer education)
55,000-65,000$ w/ benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 24 months
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
If you are interested please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head Brewer Application” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please also note that candidates must have valid work rights in Canada, including having a valid social insurance number (SIN).
Closing date: When we find the most suitable candidate!
Expected start date: 2023-03-01
|Job Category||Brewer /Head Brewer|