Whitetooth Brewing is looking for a Head Brewer to join our team.
Whitetooth Brewing values work-life balance, community, harmonious team dynamics, and the art and science of brewing well-executed good beer. Our goal is to have job interchangeability in the production process so that we maintain flexibility and achieve overall job satisfaction.
We brew on a 18hL, steam, 4 vessel NSI brewhouse. We package using a Cask mACS canning line and a GAI 6-6-1 bottling line. We focus on brewing Belgian-inspired and West-coast-influenced beer styles.
- Report directly to the Production Manager
- Demonstrate leadership regarding safety and work ethic
- Recipe development
- Brewing, yeast handling
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Cellar operations
- Beer quality assurance and control
- Ensure that the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation are maintained
- Coordinate with management regarding brewery maintenance
- Packaging beer into cans, bottles, kegs, and cask
- Diligent record-keeping and paperwork done after completion of each task
- Raw material & finished goods entry into brewery management software
The ideal candidate should have four to six years of commercial brewing experience. You must have a passion for beer culture. The following will be viewed as an asset:
- Completion of accredited brewery school program;
- Beer education such as BJCP certification, Cicerone, etc.;
- Homebrewing background;
- Related post-secondary education
- Drivers license
- Forklift certification
- Ability to play well with others
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Process-oriented and respect for Standard Operating Procedures
- Physically fit (ability to handle full kegs and grain bags, and long brew days)
- Curiosity, creativity, and the ability to learn new things
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem-solving mindset
This is a full-time position with a 40hr work week, with occasional weekend shifts. Compensation is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Whitetooth Brewing is located in Golden, a small town in southeastern British Columbia in the Columbia Valley between the Rocky Mountains and Purcell Range. Golden has a population of under 4000 people. Calgary is the closest major city, approximately 4 hours away. The town is built near the confluence of the Kicking Horse and Columbia rivers, and surrounded by six national and provincial parks.
You will find an abundance of adrenaline outdoor sports activities on your doorstep, and plenty of like-minded folks to play within your spare time. Do you think your work and life experience makes you suitable for this position? Are you ready to enjoy life in a mountain community?
Please email us with your resume and a cover letter entitled “Head Brewer Position” prior to FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th,2021
Note: we thank all candidates for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-09-17
Expected start date: 2021-08-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
All workers are required to comply with current BC Public Health Orders.
|Job Category||Brewer /Head Brewer|