Barkerville Brewing Co. is hiring a Taproom Manager.
Barkerville Brewing opened in 2014 in downtown Quesnel, BC. Our lounge is Quesnel’s meeting place and offers twelve unique brews on tap as well as a wide range of locally sourced food and BC cider. We are a quality first craft brewery; we have won multiple awards for our brands both provincially and nationally. We value excellent customer service, teamwork, career development, consistency, and creativity.
An energetic, mature, leader with a background in hospitality. You have experience managing a bar or restaurant, you exude customer service and enjoy making people feel welcome. You know your way around popular social media platforms and have a knack for online marketing. You can calculate profit margins; pour a perfect pint and you are not afraid to pitch in to help the team get the job done. Whether it is making a delivery on your way home or helping on the canning line for a couple of hours, you are not afraid to get your hands dirty. You like beer and are interested in being a part of the BC craft beer scene.
As the Taproom Manager, you will be responsible for the management and operation of our lounge, including a team of servers. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. You have a willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and/or weekends. You will schedule, hire, and train new staff and ensure they are well versed in our beers. You are the face of our brewery and you want each customer to have a positive experience while visiting us!
Duties and responsibilities:
– Ensure our taproom is clean, organized, and in compliance with the latest public health orders.
– Implement daily checklists for your staff to ensure all delegated duties are being performed regularly and consistently.
– Manage inventory of food, cider, merchandise, and supplies.
– Make sure everything is stocked and prepped and ready for a successful shift.
– Keep TouchBistro up to date with new menu items, price changes and promotions.
– Working closely with Management, Production and Sales on all aspects of brewery operations and decision making.
– Performing daily/weekly cash-outs.
– Calculating tips
– Work towards sales targets/business goals set by Management.
– Track labour costs as a percentage of revenue.
– Track profit margins on all food, cider and merchandise items.
– Keep our customers up to date and engaged on social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) with regular posts.
– Respond to customer questions via social media, email, and phone.
– Have a strong, positive presence in the lounge while ensuring your staff are providing great customer service.
– Ensure you or one of your teammates cleans the beer lines weekly.
– Dealing with any customer concerns or complaints that arise in the lounge.
– Running our online Shopify Store (in development now).
Requirements and qualifications:
-Minimum one year experience managing a bar or restaurant.
-Excellent communication skills
-Proficient in Excel, Word, Google Drive.
-Experience with social media marketing
-Serve it Right
-Food Safe Certificate
-Proficient in Canva
-Cicerone Certified Beer Server
– Extended Health & Dental Plan
– Staff discount
– Company Events (eventually, post-Covid)
– Three weeks paid vacation/year
– Flexible schedule
Additional Pay: Tips & goal-based bonus structure.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,440.00 per year
Discounted or free food
Extended health care
Paid time off
We have an extensive Covid-19 Safety Plan in place to ensure compliance with the latest public health orders.
Management: 1 year (preferred)
|Job Category||Tap Room Manager|