Time to Buy BC is a non-political movement aimed at providing the BC consumer with an informed choice when buying alcoholic beverages. By supporting local businesses, we can save our local economy. We launch today across BC reminding consumers to support and promote BC business and manufacturers by purchasing products produced by the BC Beverage Alcohol Sector. Today we represent the BC Beverage Alcohol Sector but we are willing to align with any BC business or manufacturer that believes in our goal. Our companies meet a simple criterion:
We are BC Business
From its inception, the movement has caught the attention of major industry groups. The Alliance for Beverage Licensees and BC Liquor Stores, are in support of this initiative and will promote Time to Buy BC in their stores. The BC Liquor Distribution Branch, Rural Agency Store Advisory Society and BC Restaurant and Foodservice Association have also recognized the importance of this program and have endorsed the campaign.
Starting today, we ask you to promote “Time to Buy British Columbia” in as many ways as possible. We ask you to:
- Include the Time to Buy British Columbia logo and messaging on your social media, website, take home and delivery services and emails. Help create the buzz – Please do that now!
- Instagram: @timetobuybc Facebook: /timetobuybc
- Use the hashtag #timetobuybc on all social media posts
- Send the press release directly to your own media contacts.
- Apply logo stickers to current packaging and point of sale materials (coming soon)
- Consider printing the Time to Buy British Columbia logo to new POS and trade marketing materials- Sell sheets, Menus, on-site retail stores.
- Talk with your Municipal and Provincial representatives to support and actively promote this initiative
Please act now to do as much of these things as you can. The sooner we act, the sooner informed British Columbians will support us.